Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the benefits of massage therapy?
- Decreases stress and anxiety by stimulating the brain to release 'feel good' hormones.
- Improves muscle tone and flexibility.
- Decreases pain by releasing endorphins, the body's natural 'pain killers'.
- Improves immune health.
- Delivers oxygen and nutrients to the tissues and vital organs of the body by improving circulation.
- Enhances sleep quality which leads to more energy and quicker recovery.
- How often should I get massage?
- Every client responds to bodywork differently. Listen to your body and consult your therapist about the appropriate frequency.
What payment methods are available?
Cash or check is preferred, but credit card is accepted for your convenience with a 3% surcharge.
Is Ashiatsu right for me?
Barefoot massage is the ultimate bodywork for athletes and those that feel that they cannot get enough pressure with regular massage. The use of the feet provides deeper, more evenly distributed and tolerable pressure. It creates great compression and traction for the spine as well.
Ashi is contraindicated for certain people including:
- Anyone pregnant or trying to get pregnant
- Recent eye procedures such as Lasik (wait 72 hours)
- Breast implants within 9 months
- Any recent injuries or surgeries
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure or heart conditions, pacemaker, stent or shunt.
- Accute inflammatory conditions
If you have any more questions regarding this type of massage, please message us.